Vendor & Clan Guidelines
Saturday, June 2, 2018, 11am to 6pm
Friendsville Community Park, Old River Rd., Friendsville, MD
Set –up: 7:30am-10:30am / Tear-down: 6pm-8pm
The Garrett County Celtic Festival will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2018 at Friendville, Maryland's riverfront community park. We attract visitors from a wide regional base. The festival honors the heritage, arts, and culture of the Appalachian immigrants from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and Brittany. This is our 29th festival, and third in Friendsville. Attendance in 2017 was approximately 800 adults and 80 youth. The 2018 festival will emphasize living history with expanded Chatauqua programming, and will further develop the new Rainbow's End children's area. Performers include Shanty Irish, Aurora Celtic, IONA, and Hickory Wind bands, Scottish and Irish dancers, Highland Athletes and multiple Pipe and Drum bands.
Vendors receive one 10x10 booth space (larger spaces allotted for food vendors) and two entry tickets to the festival (more may be purchased at a discounted rate for additional booth staff). Registrations received after March 16 will be at the full rate of $100 for craft vendors, $125 for food vendors.
- Each booth space is 10x10. Additional spaces may be purchased for an additional fee. Tents, tables, chairs, or any other equipment will NOT be supplied. Some equipment may be rented from the Festival for an additional fee.
- Limited booths may have electricity available for a fee. Request for electricity must be made at the time of application. If available, all electrical cords must be secured and vendor is to ensure they do not create a safety hazard. Though the event only occurs within daylight hours, be prepared for low lighting conditions. Please bring your own outdoor extension cords of at least 25 feet.
- Vendors shall sell and serve goods at their own risk. Applicant agrees to hold harmless Garrett County Celtic Festival/The Highland Festival of Garrett County, LLC, and its agents for any loss or damage to person or property.
- Applicants must obey all pertinent safety codes and laws including, but not limited to: fire safety, parking regulations, Garrett County Health Department, and Garrett County Alcohol Control Board.
- All food vendors are required to obtain an inspection from the Garrett County Health Department. Inspection certificates must be posted within sight for the duration of the Festival. For more information on the requirements to obtain this permit please contact 301-334-7777.
- Vendors will have access to festival grounds before and after posted event times for setup and teardown. Vendors must move their vehicles to designated parking areas prior to the start of the event.
- The event will take place rain or shine, unless the entire event is cancelled by the organizer. Vendors agree to staff their booths throughout the duration of the event, though may use their discretion to be present in severe weather. (Fees are non-refundable.) All displays and merchandise must be secured for wind and rain. All tents must be fire retardant.
- Vendors are required to keep their booth areas generally clean and tidy. Storage space for packing materials will not be available, so consider skirting your table. Posted signage must be within the 10x10 space, and be family-friendly.
- Festival grounds will be laid out to prioritize guest experience, traffic flow, and maximum visibility for each vendor. No guarantee can be made for specific placement.
- Participants agree to allow use of video and photography by festival organizers for promotional purposes.
- Vendors are responsible for collecting payment, along with all appropriate taxes.
Close this window to return to application